The Mid-Michigan Genealogical Society (MMGS) is a proud member of the Michigan Genealogical Council (MGC) and the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS).
- To publish materials of interest and use to genealogists.
- To preserve and make available for genealogical research the records of our members.
- To encourage and assist the study of family history.
- To promote the exchange of knowledge and to encourage the deposit of genealogical records.
- To cooperate with other societies and to assist the area libraries in expanding and publicizing their genealogical holdings.